Thursday, September 01, 2005

First day of school

School officially started this week. I had my first day of class today. When I did my first presentation, I got NO reaction from the kids whatsoever. They just stared at me blankly--they didn't laugh, talk, or respond in any way. It was a little frustrating, but apparently that's typical when it comes to Japanese students. My second class went a little better. We played a game so the kids were a lot more active.

Tomorrow I have to go to my technical high school, which is 99% boys. I'm a little terrified. Apparently most of the students at this school are delinquents who hate English. Hopefully I won't get harassed too badly...despite the fact that I look like a 12-year-old...

COUNTDOWN UPDATE: TWO MORE WEEKS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home