Sunday, December 04, 2005

Fuji with its head in the clouds...

Took a trip to Mount Fuji today with one of the teachers at my school and his wife. Sadly, due to foggy weather, we didn't really get to see much. On the bright side, I got to experience my first snowfall in Japan today. The mountains and trees looked so pretty covered in white, except it made me even more homesick. I seem to be craving Christmas lately. Not that there's a lack of Christmas decorations in Japan--they seem to really like Christmas lights here. But still, it's just not the same. I CAN'T WAIT to get home. Three more weeks!!! :)

1 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there!
I stumbledupon your blogg somehow and felt that I had to write to you!
My name is Yuki and I'm Japanese. Shibukawa Girls High School was my school nearly 10 years ago... I'm 27 now. Funnily enough now I live in Manchester, England. I don't think there is any teacher that remembers me at school any more though, I would think all my teachers have moved somewhere.
I completely understand how your frustration with students, it seems that the situation has not been changed in Japan... I was one of those few students that come to see you during a break and say somthing silly!
I suppose I just wanted to say, enjoy your stay in Shibukawa, it's not the most glamarous place in the world but it can be nice in a small town sort of way!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home