Saturday, July 30, 2005

Long weekend...

Today is going by soooooo slowly. The people who showed me around last night have gone out of town, so now I'm on my own again. At least I have the Internet to keep me company.

I spent most of today just unpacking. Thank God for Skype--I finally got to have a decent conversation with Adam and my family. My brother and sister put Scruffy on the webcam and it really broke my heart. He looked so cute, and I really wish I could just pick him and give him a big hug.

In the late afternoon I decided to explore the town a little bit. Shibukawa is cute, but pretty dead. I've put up some more pictures on my Yahoo Photos link. I stopped by the grocery store and didn't recognize most of the produce. And the biggest disappointment: they didn't have breakfast cereal :( Oh yeah, and their milk is no less than 3.6%.

On the way home, some old man started talking to me. There's one phrase I really have to learn ASAP: "I'm not Japanese." I just told him in English and walked away. He looked at me, laughed, and scratched his head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home