Monday, October 03, 2005

Update...

Just a few highlights from the past two weeks:

1) Reunited with Adamski for 10 days. It was sooooooo good to be together again. As soon as we saw each other it was like we had never been apart. Had a bunch of crazy adventures--saw a rhino take a giant wiz, had some crazy allergic reactions, walked through a bamboo forest, etc. Time passed by way too quickly. . .

2) Booked my ticket home for Christmas!! I'll be back in Vancouver from Dec. 22 to Jan. 6. I can't wait. . .

3) Went to my first "enkai", a.k.a. "drinking party with my coworkers". Getting wasted after work is pretty much engrained in Japanese culture. I went out with the teachers from my delinquent high school. They kept making me try different types of sake. I guess they thought I deserved a drink for having to deal with those kids. . .

4) Hooked on 24!! That show is sooooooo good. I've watched the first 13 episodes of the first season. I've basically been trapped inside my apartment for the past 3 days. Must know what happens next. . .

5) And now for the biggest news: I'm gonna be an AUNT! AHHHHHHH!! The baby is due in April, which means I won't be home :( It really sucks sometimes being so far from family. At least I'll be home again in about 3 months. . .

. . .so that's my life in a nutshell over the past two weeks. Next week's agenda: more episodes of 24!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home