Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day!















Tonight was the final farewell party for all the JETs who are leaving, and it also happened to fall on July 1st, so a few of us decided to be patriotic. As you can see, some of us were a little more patriotic than others.

So there's only 3 more weeks until the end of my contract. A year seems like a long time to spend in a different country, but in the big picture, I guess it's not that much. When I look back at everything in 10 years, I wonder what it is about my experience in Japan that will stick out in my mind.

Looking back, I wish I had written about everything in more detail so I can be reminded of all the little things that have made me laugh, made me sad, or just plain frustrated. Like the time it took me hours just to figure out how to turn on my washing machine. Or when I knitted for 8 hours straight until I could barely even move my fingers anymore (that was just last night, hehe). Or when I got really hooked on 24 but had to stop watching 'cause it was giving me nightmares.

I've been so excited about going home, I guess it hasn't really hit me that I'll probably never come back to this little town again, and probably never see most of the people that I've met. I know as soon as I get back to Canada I'll start missing Japan, but it's hard to say what it is exactly that I'm going to miss. It's too soon to start defining my experience. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home