Sunday, October 16, 2005

Daytrip...

One of the Japanese teachers at my school took me to Nikko today, which is a small tourist area about two hours away. The drive up there was beautiful. We were going through winding roads, surrounded by mountains and forests on both sides. A lot of the landscape actually reminded me of Canada, which made me a little homesick. We saw a bunch of lakes, waterfalls, and visited a few shrines. The area is famous for evil monkeys that try to steal food from humans, but sadly I didn't see any :(

So I've been in Japan almost three months now. Things are starting to fall into routine. Time is passing by quickly, and I think I can say that I've adjusted to my life here. I still have many moments of homesickness and frustration (especially when I accidentally press a button on my Japanese remote control and zap away my cable), but I'm getting used to it. 3 down, 9 more to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home