Monday, July 10, 2006

Awwwww...

I taught a few of my classes for the last time today and I got this note from one of my students:

"I was very shocked when I heared that this is the last class study with you. I'm very sad that our lovely teacher will leave this school. I hope you'll be a lawyer. I think it's not easy. But I believe you can do it. Take care and cheer up!! Thank you very much. Don't forget us!"

Sniff, sniff. I have to say, Japanese students can be frustratingly shy and timid sometimes, but they really do know how to suck up :)

So now I'm down to two more weeks at school. Then it'll be one week of travelling around Japan with my parents, then one more week in Shanghai. Then it's back to Vancouver!! Woohoo!! Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be one day too late to make the last fireworks :(

Lately I've just been busy packing and having occassional anxiety attacks about the whole process of heading home. I spent last weekend in Tokyo, for one last night out. We had dinner at a restaurant that is apparently from some famous scene in Kill Bill where Uma Thurman kills a bunch of people:















I've never seen the movie, but the restaurant was pretty cool. We headed to Roppongi afterwards for a classic night of karaoke, drinking, and dancing. It was a fun night, and a nice way to say bye to some people that I probably won't see again for a very long time :(

This weekend will be my last one in Gunma, and I think it's gonna be pretty low-key. Just some packing, cleaning, and knitting. This is my last chance to just do absolutely nothing without feeling guilty before going back to the real world of responsibilities. As great as it's been to be able to relax for the past year, I do miss having mental stimulation, so I'm actually looking forward to going back to school. But in the mean time, I have a few more weeks of freedom left...

P.S. Happy belated two-year anniversary to my wonderful boyfriend Raoul.

P.P.S. Just kidding, my boyfriend's name is Bruce.

P.P.P.S. Okay, okay it's Adam. You're the best wookie man!!!! (L)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home